Partnerzy i instytucje wspierające Greenways w Europie Środkowo-Wschodniej podpisali Deklarację Greenways z Wiednia 2016, która jest wyrazem wsparcia i współpracy na rzecz dalszego rozwoju sieci Greenways w naszym regionie Europy i określa cele na najbliższą dekadę.
Deklaracja nazwiązuje do Deklaracji Greenways z Sopron 2006, podpisanej 10 lat temu przez partnerów Programu Central and Eastern European Greenways.
Tekst deklaracji w języku angielskim (wkrótce wersja polska):
Vienna Declaration on Central and Eastern European Greenways
„Recapturing a decade of the greenways development in Central and Eastern Europe and setting new goals for the upcoming decade”
Vienna, October 14, 2016
Greenways are multi-functional trails developed along natural corridors, rivers and canals, historical trade routes and abandoned railways. They link regions, tourist attractions and community initiatives, support sustainable tourism and recreation, promote healthy life-styles and non-motorized transport. They generate opportunities for improving quality of life and environment, revitalizing local economies, promoting local products, encouraging community-based enterprise and protecting unique natural, landscape and cultural assets in Central and Eastern Europe.
Bearing in mind the principles of the first 2006 Central and Eastern European Greenways Sopron Declaration,
Partners and supporters of greenways network development in Central and Eastern Europe declare the following:
1. We intent to work together in order to create a greenways network and cooperate with all insitutions and organizations that share Greenways philosophy.
2. Our priority is to support local people to build and revitalize trails for public benefit and natural corridors called Greenways in the countries and regions of Central and Eastern Europe.
3. We believe that Greenways help to preserve the uniqueness of the places and foster sustainable development improving the quality of life in urban and rural areas across the region.
4. Our main goals for the next decade are:
(a) streghtening and expanding greenways network and to link it with other existing European networks of trails, such us EuroVelo routes.
(b) raising political awareness on greenways on the national, regional and European level.
(c) promotion of greenways' benefits for environment and climate, sustainable development, health, safety and accessibility as well as natural and cultural heritage preservation.
5. In order to achieve the above goals we intent to act as integral part of European organizations and institutions sharing similar goals and values, such as European Greenways Association EGWA, European Cyclists Federation ECF and others.
The Declaration was agreed and signed at the “EuroVelo, Greenways and Cycling Tourism Conference in Europe Conference” in Vienna, Austria, 14th of October 2016, by following representatives:
Environmental Partnership Association
Czech Greenways, Nadace Partnerstvi / Czech Republic
Polish Greenways, Fundusz Partnerstwa / Poland
Ökotárs Alapítvány / Hungary
Fundatia pentru Parteneriat / Romania
Greenways Poland Association / Poland
Slovak Greenways, Nadacia Ekopolis / Slovakia
Belarussian Association „Country Escape” / Belarus
Ukrainian Ecotourism and Adventure Tourism Association / Ukraine
Janusz Pierzyna / Prezes Zarządu
Bogdan Kasperek / Dyrektor Biura
Stowarzyszenie Rozwoju i Współpracy Regionalej "Olza"