The aim of the Association is to promote, support and undertake actions which contribute to:
- Developing and extending the fundamental principles of Greenways, including sustainable tourism, and in particular ecotourism and heritage tourism,
- Protecting the environment and preserving the natural and cultural heritage in keeping with the principles of sustainable development,
- Supporting local entrepreneurship – especially in rural and post-industrial areas – in the realm of tourist and downstream services, including sport and environmentally friendly recreation,
- Development of sustainable transport, especially non-motorized forms of transport i.e. bicycle paths, walkways, waterways, horseback trails etc.,
- Capacity building support for local organizations and communities from other countries on sustainable development and environmentally-friendly tourism,
- Sustainable growth of rural areas,
- Environmental education.